Monday, June 25, 2012

Song of the Week is Returning!

I am officially re-instating my beloved song of the week posts.

This week the song is: "Some Nights" by Fun.


**Disclaimer: This video is about war & soldiers.  It is graphic at times and this is the un-edited version.

I first heard it on the radio on my way home from work.  It has an awesome beat and interesting lyrics.  If you are sensitive, get the edited version; although unless you are really listening, you won't hear the "bad" word.  The band Fun is kind of "hippie-like" and really open with their feelings/actions.  You may recall their big hit "We are Young" (the song all about smoking pot).  Really "fun" (haha pun.) song, but probably not the best influence for young listeners if they can decipher what it means. 

It took me a while to find it on itunes, but I was excited when I did.  It is one of those songs that you just want to sing along with.

It kind of has that a capella-type/instrumental sound to it.  Not like a lot of stuff you hear these days with popular music.

I just watched the video and it strikes somewhat of a nerve because Scotty is working on becoming an Officer in the Air Force, and my bro in law is in the Army National Guard, and I have a lot of  military history in the family.  With the 4th of July approaching, however, I feel it is important to remember the things that have happened (like the civil war as semi-portrayed in the video) and how we can learn from them for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment